Zentangles are structured and contained doodles. The Zentangle technique is easy-to-learn, relaxing, and fun for many ages and abilities. This art form increases focus and creativity, provides artistic satisfaction, and an increased sense of personal well being.
Here are five easy steps to get started!
1. Draw a border outlining the shape of your zentangle. It is very common to use a square shape. (You can also try a free hand scribble or a animal outline.)
2. Draw strings. Strings are lines that divide the shape into individual sections.
3. Fill one section with a repetitive pattern. Don’t spend too much time planning the pattern, just draw.
4. Repeat with each section. Change the pattern with each section.
5. Add color or shading as desired.
Here are a few other Zentangle ideas we found on google.